Yes, the title says it all, this is my first blog post. And even though I enjoy writing, why do I feel like I have to turn in a research paper before Midnight?
Staring at a blank screen is no fun.
So let me start by saying how much I love Pinterest! If you haven’t checked it out, it is the most organized way to bookmark your favorite crafts, recipes, home decor ideas and inspiration in general. Warning: It is highly addictive.
If you are on Pinterest, you’re probably like me. You have dozens of boards filled with ideas that you don’t have time to create. One of my resolutions this year, is to make time for new things,including blogging, new recipes and new adventures in life.
So tonight, I made Sopapilla, a delicious pastry filled with sweetened cream cheese and topped with sugar and cinnamon. It was delicious!
I hope you stick around and follow me through this new blogging adventure. Stay tuned…
Here’s the recipe:
Recipe: Sopapilla Cheesecake
From: Cupcakes and Cups
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and lay flat in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stretch the rolls to cover the bottom of the pan. Pinch any seams closed.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Spread this over top of the crescent roll.
- Unroll your remaining can of crescent rolls and lay this on top of the cream cheese mixture, again, pinching closed any open seams.
- Pour your melted butter on top of the crescent roll.
- In a bowl mix the remaining sugar and tablespoon of cinnamon together and sprinkle that evenly on top of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for approximately 20 minutes and then put in refrigerator to completelychill before cutting into squares.
Tags: delicious pastry